Independent drinks bottler Refresco has announced that set to acquire the Germany-based beverage company Hansa-Heeman.
Hansa-Heeman, which employs around 800 people, manufactures drinks for both private labels and manufacturer brands. 60% of the firm’s volume is in mineral water, with the remaining 40% in carbonated soft drinks. Its annual revenue is approximately €300 million ($356 million).
Refresco said it would acquire brands such as Furst Bismarck, Hella, and St. Michaeli, allowing it to extend its current portfolio as well as its presence in Germany.
The company also noted that water is the largest category within the non-alcoholic beverage market, and that branded players with a wide range of water products are looking for opportunities to grow with retail discounters.
Refresco Group CEO Hans Roelofs said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming Hansa-Heeman to Refresco. Our companies are a great fit and Hansa-Heeman’s expertise and capabilities will allow us to further improve our operational excellence”.
Hansa-Heeman chairman Wolff Lange added: “It is a promising opportunity for our family business to join Refresco as it will enable the Hansa-Heeman team to apply their knowledge and expertise with more impact, at a much bigger scale. Our combined capabilities will accelerate our ambitions and further enhance our offering to customers”.