International seafood leader Thai Union Group PCL has announced the acquisition of the remaining 49 percent shares of the German shelf-stable seafood leader company Rugen Fisch AG.
According to Thai Union’s statement, the company first acquired a majority of 51 percent of shares in Rugen Fisch in 2016 and has now purchased the remaining 49 percent.
Thiraphong Chansiri, president and CEO of Thai Union Group, said: “Rugen Fisch has been a key part of Thai Union Europe and the wider Thai Union Group since our initial investment five years ago. This further acquisition demonstrates the great value that it has brought to us as well as our continued commitment to the German market.”
Jens Vogler, CEO of Rugen Fisch AG, commented: “Since joining Thai Union, Rugen Fisch has been able to reap the benefits of being part of a truly global Group. We are now looking forward to even further integrating with Thai Union and embarking upon the next stage of this exciting journey.”
Rugen Fisch’s chilled and ambient products can be found across Germany under brands such as Rugen Fisch, Hawesta, Ostsee Fisch, and Lysell and private label products.
Source: Thai Union press release