While sales of breakfast cereal have stagnated or even declined over recent years, one segment within the breakfast cereal category to have bucked the trend is granola.
Trend Insight: Granola looks at the growing popularity of granola through the prism of new product development, exploring the key factors behind the segment’s success in a declining market.
Supported by the latest insights and data from Gama Compass, Trend Insight: Granola reveals the key ingredients, concepts, product attributes and positioning – from sensory and functional benefits to ‘homely’ branding – that have revived a moribund segment and enhanced its appeal across a broad demographic.
Key questions answered
- What are the trends and opportunities I should be aware of in the granola space?
- What ingredients lie behind granola’s positioning as a ‘better for you’ cereal?
- How has granola aligned itself to modern dietary regimes?
- How can I benefit from the power of ‘rustic’ and ‘homely’ branding?
- What oppportunities exist for granola outside the breakfast cereal category?